The BIG Math Network brings together the Mathematical Sciences community, which includes pure and applied mathematics, statistics, operations research and data science, to
- Communicate the value of mathematical science training in BIG to students, faculty, and employers.
- Facilitate connections between students, faculty, and BIG employers.
- Share knowledge about how to prepare for internships and BIG jobs.
- Curate and create best practices and training material that prepare students for BIG jobs.
- Collaborate with professional societies and BIG in connecting job opportunities with talent.
The origins of the Network are described in an MAA Focus article by Rachel Levy.