BIG Math Network By-laws
- The Steering Committee (SC) shall consist of representatives from sponsoring organizations and 10 additional members.
- Each sponsoring organization designates a representative. The organization loses representation when it pulls out as sponsor.
- The ten additional members will consist of five members from industry/lab and five members from academic institutions. Terms of memberships are for three years. Members can serve multiple but not consecutive terms.
- New members of SC are elected by existing members. Election procedure:
- SC solicits nominations during the nomination period which ends on October 15,
- Election is by ranked choice voting and conducted by November 15,
- Elected new members shall start their term on January 1 the following year.
- The Chair of SC serves a term of two years. Official appointment as chair requires 2/3 votes of SC.
- A member of SC shall serve as Treasurer who will be responsible for managing the finances of the BIG Math Network and filing tax returns on behalf of the Network.