If you are an undergraduate student, you have or will have taken required courses for your major. Beyond those, we suggest taking courses in other departments, for example, computer science, engineering, business, and economics. These will be helpful to connect your mathematical sciences knowledge with applications.
For graduate students, we also suggest taking advanced undergraduate level or graduate level courses in other disciplines.
- Suggestions for Mathematics majors
- Suggestions for Statistics majors
- Suggestions for Operations Research majors
Computing and data analytics are essential for BIG jobs. We suggest taking programming and data science courses. There are good online courses available, for example:
- Python Courses at Coursera
- Data Science Courses at edX
- Or see courses listed on page 41 of the BIG Jobs Guide
Some are free and others require payment; some lead to certification while others do not. Read the reviews and be an informed “consumer”.