The BIG Math Network is soliciting blogposts to communicate how training in the mathematical sciences leads to a rich array of careers. We will disseminate articles through our partners and aggregate relevant articles and opportunities. Posts can be a single paragraph to a few pages and should include at least one picture. They are published under the Creative Commons License Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs (CC BY-NC-ND).
Please let us know about relevant content such as:
- job and internship opportunities
- workshops and courses
- videos about BIG careers
- panels and career fairs at conferences
Posts about careers can answer questions such as
- What is your current position and how did you find/choose it?
- What education and career path led you to this position?
- How does your mathematical sciences training serve you in your work?
- What is interesting and challenging about your work?
- What would you advise someone (undergraduate, graduate, faculty) interested in training for and seeking a position such as yours?
Faculty posts can answer questions such as:
- How do you advise students thinking about BIG careers?
- What kinds of internship experiences have your students had?
- What are some advantages of internships for graduate students?
- What conversations are important to have with your students before they begin an internship (for example, about intellectual property)?
Student posts about internships can answer questions such as:
- What kind of internship did you have?
- What skills were important for you to bring to the position?
- What kinds of things did you learn on the job?
- How can an internship enhance the graduate school experience?
- What do you wish you had known before seeking/starting your internship?